Car Accessory Fitting
You already know that we offer a first-class caravan accessory fitting service, but did you know that we also provide a high-quality car accessory fitting service?
From roof racks and roof bars to bike racks and roof boxes, we can fit a huge selection of car accessories onsite, in our Plymouth based service centre. As approved and award-winning Thule dealers, we carry an extensive selection of car accessories at highly competitive prices.
OUR RANGE OF
Roof racks and roof bars are a great way to increase your vehicle’s carrying capacity and enable you to safely and securely transport large items like surfboards or canoes.
We stock a selection of Thule roof racks and we’ve got a dedicated area for roof racks and load carriers, with lots of options to suit most needs.
When you’re buying a roof rack , there are a few things you should bear in mind:
- It must fit your car perfectly, without leaving scratches and marks
- For the safety of yourself and other road users, it must stay securely attached during use
- It should be easy to assemble and fit
The type of vehicle you have will also impact on the type of roof rack you choose. Before you purchase, it’s essential to establish which of the following categories your vehicle falls in:
- Cars with a ‘normal’ roof: Whilst you may argue that all car roofs are ‘normal’, this term is used to describe any car roof that doesn’t have in-built roof rails or fixpoints. This means that the roof rack will grip around the edge of the roof.
- Cars with built-in fixpoints: Many cars are fitted with pre-installed attachments for roof racks and load carriers, known as fixpoints.
- Cars with rain gutters: If your vehicle has in-built rain gutters or a raised roof, there are a range of suitable Thule roof racks available.
- Cars with roof rails: If your vehicle has roof rails, there are several options available to you. Thule have roof racks to suit vehicles with normal sized, integrated or extreme roof rails.
- Cars with T-tracks: If your vehicle has factory fitted T-tracks on the roof, you can still benefit from a Thule roof rack. Simply mount the fitting kit onto the T-tracks and then you can easily click the load carrier on and off.
To learn more about the right roof rack for your vehicle, please visit our Plymouth shop to chat with a member of the TCC team and find out more about our car accessory fitting service, or use Thule’s interactive roof rack guide to find out what your options are.
OUR RANGE OF
The ideal solution for family holidays, hobbies and generally boosting the carrying capacity of your vehicle, roof boxes provide a great solution for transporting your luggage or equipment wherever you need to go without taking up valuable space inside your vehicle.
As an exclusive Thule stockist, we have a range of high-performance roof boxes available to purchase from our Plymouth shop. With ingenious design, innovative features and robust construction, Thule roof boxes are simple to fit and easy to load. Whether you’re looking for a roof box that can be folded down when not in use, a long and thin roof box to secure skiing equipment in or a large and roomy box for regular use, we’ve got something to suit all needs.
Our car accessory fitting service means that we can install any of our roof boxes for you quickly and easily, taking the stress away from you! What’s more, if you’re making a one-off trip or don’t want to invest in buying a roof box, we offer a roof box hire service. Please call us on 01752 341133 to learn more and book in your rental.
Whether you’re a keen mountain biker in need of a high-performance bike rack or you’re looking for a simple way to transport multiple bicycles, we have a bike rack to suit your needs! We stock a wide range of Thule cycle carriers, all of which are supplied with a 5-year guarantee. Our range includes:
- Foldable bike racks
- Roof-mounted bike racks
- Towbar bike racks
We’ve got a selection of the latest bike racks on display in our Plymouth shop so that you can see which model and design best suits your needs. As always, our friendly team are on hand to help answer any questions you may have and to provide information on our car accessory fitting service. Plus, if you’re in need of additional services, we also provide a comprehensive car towbar fitting service on-site.
Tamar Caravan Centre
- Easy Drop OffWith a large parking area boasting easy access for dropping off or collecting your caravan and a comfy and well-appointed waiting area, we’ve made it as simple as possible to get your caravan serviced with us!
- Latest Equipment & ToolsWe’ve invested in the latest testing equipment to help the team with diagnostic works when servicing caravans, so we can detect any hidden dangers and remedy them immediately to make your caravan safe for use.
- Experienced TeamOur caravan service centre is staffed by an experienced team of engineers who undertake regular manufacturer and industry training in order to remain up to date with the ever-changing technologies used in the industry.
- Modern 8 Bay WorkshopOur caravan workshop is NCC approved and run in accordance with the AWS code of practice, so you can guarantee that the caravan service you book with us is carried out to a high standard.
- Swift Approved DealershipWe’re an award-winning, Swift Approved Dealership and as such, have direct access to the Swift Connect customer service system. This enables us to order and fit approved parts and product upgrades, carry out Swift servicing and deal with warranty repairs.
- AWS ApprovedTamar Caravan Centre are an AWS (Approved Workshop Scheme) workshop, which means that our motorhome and caravan servicing is approved by the majority of manufacturers (regardless of whether we’re a retailer or agent of the brand).