ABOUT US: EARLY HISTORY
Tamar Caravan Centre are a long-established Plymouth based business, who are proud of their roots.
We started life as ‘Tamar Trailer Centre’ back in 1983 when it was founded by Geoff and Sandra Wray. Based in Sugar Mill Business Park, Plymstock, the company had a reputation for providing a high-quality service and when the time came to sell up and move on, this excellent reputation led Rob and Tim Paige to purchase the business in 2005.
Shortly after Rob and Tim took over the business, they decided to move premises, so we moved to Valley Road, Plympton in early 2006. We continued selling trailer parts as well as servicing and repairing trailers and fitting towbars to customers across the city but were always looking forward and thinking of the next service to add to our repertoire. The opportunity arose in 2011 when caravan servicing was introduced after Simon Graham joined the team and merged his mobile caravan engineering business with us.
ABOUT US: RECENT HISTORY
In 2015, we moved into new premises in Marshall Road, Plympton; home to the largest indoor caravan showroom in the South West with a caravan accessory shop and AWS approved caravan workshop on site. Stocking caravan accessories, awnings, caravan parts and vehicle accessories from big brands such as Kampa Dometic, Thule, Isabella, Cadac and Vango; our indoor showroom is a one-stop-shop for all your caravan and towing needs, with absolutely everything you could need for caravanning and towing all under one roof.
In 2016, we became Tamar Towing & Caravans as we began selling Swift caravans (becoming an Approved Swift Dealership in the same year). We quickly became one of the biggest retailers and leading dealers of Swift caravans in the South West and have gone on to win ‘Approved Dealer of the Year’ in 2017, 2018 and 2019!
In 2020, we rebranded as Tamar Caravan Centre and branched out into selling second-hand Volkswagen camper vans.
WHY CHOOSE TAMAR CARAVAN CENTRE?
Here at the award-winning Tamar Caravan Centre, the Home of Adventure, we really do have everything you need for your caravanning adventures! All under one roof. A great selection of new and quality used caravans, awnings, caravan accessories, an AWS Approved Service Centre, and online shop.
And, a friendly, knowledgeable team who really care about what we do - and are looking forward to welcoming and helping you with any queries you may have. Check out our Meet the Team page!
- Award Winning Dealership - Tamar Caravan Centre is proud and delighted to have won the Swift 'Approved Dealer of the Year' award in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Decades of Experience - With four decades of experience in the caravan industry, our friendly team is both knowledgeable and trusted.
- Huge Indoor Showroom - We have the largest indoor caravan showroom in the South West, open all year round, with over 100 new and used caravans in stock.
- Amazing Service - We take great care to provide a comprehensive and thorough aftercare service, as well as a comprehensive handover when you collect your caravan.
- AWS Service Centre - Our 8 bay service centre workshop is AWS approved, so our work is approved by the majority of manufacturers.
- Plymouth & Online Shop - Our engineers, aftersales team and salesmen are all highly trained, qualified and skilled.