If you own a motorhome or campervan, it’s essential to book an annual motorhome habitation check to make sure your leisure vehicle is safe to live in, free from issues and performing well.
Here at Tamar Caravan Centre, we offer a comprehensive motorhome habitation check service from our modern and well-appointed 8-bay workshop. As an AWS approved workshop with a team of experienced and fully qualified engineers on-site, we’re professional, thorough, competitively priced and can get you back on the road with minimal disruption.
WHAT IS A
MOTORHOME HABITATION CHECK?
Motorhome habitation checks are probably the most important part of responsible motorhome ownership in our opinion. Not only do you require annual checks to keep your warranty valid, but it’s a vital step in ensuring your motorhome is safe and fit for purpose by identifying issues and nipping them in the bud before they become big costly problems.
Things like damp patches, glitchy heating or a faulty window latch may feel like slightly insignificant ‘quirks’, but they can quickly snowball and end up costing you a lot of money. You wouldn’t forego a boiler service or an MOT on your car, so your motorhome should be no different. A yearly motorhome habitation service will give you complete peace of mind that your pride and joy is ready to take on any adventure and is most importantly, safe to sleep and relax in.
We thoroughly test and check the motorhome and perform a wide range of assessments, including the following:
- Gas: Flue check, appliance inspection and testing, gas cylinder safety and security, regulator health and inspection of gas dispersal vents
- Electrics: Testing of lights (interior and exterior) and sockets, battery health check, trip testing, RCD assessment and checking of earths and earth bonding
- Water: Tap performance checks, water tank inspection, checking of pump, pressure switches and drain valves, toilet check, assessment of filter, housing and lagging
- Bodywork and Interior: Damp testing, inspection of flooring, roof, external panels, furniture, window treatments and number plate
- Safety: Checking window and door operation, checking fire extinguisher and fire blanket housing, testing of flame failure devices, smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm
Tamar Caravan Centre
- Easy Drop OffWith a large parking area boasting easy access for dropping off or collecting your caravan and a comfy and well-appointed waiting area, we’ve made it as simple as possible to get your caravan serviced with us!
- Latest Equipment & ToolsWe’ve invested in the latest testing equipment to help the team with diagnostic works when servicing caravans, so we can detect any hidden dangers and remedy them immediately to make your caravan safe for use.
- Experienced TeamOur caravan service centre is staffed by an experienced team of engineers who undertake regular manufacturer and industry training in order to remain up to date with the ever-changing technologies used in the industry.
- Modern 8 Bay WorkshopOur caravan workshop is NCC approved and run in accordance with the AWS code of practice, so you can guarantee that the caravan service you book with us is carried out to a high standard.
- Swift Approved DealershipWe’re an award-winning, Swift Approved Dealership and as such, have direct access to the Swift Connect customer service system. This enables us to order and fit approved parts and product upgrades, carry out Swift servicing and deal with warranty repairs.
- AWS ApprovedTamar Caravan Centre are an AWS (Approved Workshop Scheme) workshop, which means that our motorhome and caravan servicing is approved by the majority of manufacturers (regardless of whether we’re a retailer or agent of the brand).